At last Mobile number portability started in entire India. All mobile providers started special offers for read to migrate customers. Airtel one step ahead and giving surprise offer for every new migrated customer online instantly. Today I saw Google Airtel ad about number protability and clicked on it.
It asked me to enter my non Airtel number and circle and bingo! following text appeared.
The details provided by you have been successfully saved , and a special ‘airtel surprise’ package has been
created for you, which could have free talktime, special call rates, free SMS, etc
To know your ‘airtel surprise’, please visit your nearest airtel showroom or retail outlet within 7 days and ask details of your airtel surprise package by quoting your existing mobile number. Once you port-in to airtel , your airtel
surprise package will be automatically configured on your existing mobile number and you will get an SMS
confirmation of the same.
How to port-in to airtel It’s easy to switch to airtel
1) SMS ‘PORT’ (your mobile number) to 1900 to get Unique Porting Code (UPC)
2) Fill the MNP form, mentioning UPC, at an airtel outlet
3) Submit address, ID proof and photograph at airtel outlet .
The following documents can be considered as a valid Proof of Address/Proof of Identity
POI (Proof of Identity)
• Driving License
• Income Tax Pan Card
• Photo Credit Card / Debit Card (with Photo)
POA (Proof of Address)
• Ration Card
• Water Bill / Telephone Bill (not older than 3 months)
• Driving License
4) Receive new blank airtel SIM card from the airtel dealer
5) You will receive an SMS on time/date of porting from airtel on your old SIM
6) Replace your old SIM with the new airtel SIM after porting time/date
After porting is complete, you will get a confirmation through SMS on your new airtel SIM, and your existing mobile
number would become live on airtel network.
So next I need to follow above steps. I will post my first experience with mobile number portability. So wait for my review on number portability.
UPDATE : My TATA INDICOM to AIRTEL MNP completed. Surprise pack offered by Airtel is Rs 199/- rental – 450 min free ( local as well as STD) not bad !
Author: Rawi G
Other Posts related to current topic
- Configure BSNL dial-up netone to access internet without registration on demand
- How to increase validity of BSNL sim card when online recharge failed
- How fup fair user policy became curse to brondband users
- How to install Java applications on Micromax mobiles like Gtalk,Nimbuzz,Opera
- Airtel 3g data recharge with single click no registration required
- Best DNS server IP numbers for Tata Docomo 3g,Reliance 3g,Bsnl 3G,Airtel 3G
- My Experience and review SAMSUNG CORBY 2 GT-S3850
- Reliance netconnect ec1260 windows 7 problem latest fix
- How to recharge BSNL 3G data account online
- How to share Reliance netconnect,DOCOMO,Airtel 3G broadband net
- How I can say SAMSUNG N 150 JA02IN best netbook with proof
- Mobile number portability started entire India (This post)
- My experience with $20 Lephone A33 Tri sim phone
- Software to make voice calls using 3G datacard
- Fix auto disconnection problem of idle 3G Modem for any OS
- How to activate EVDO CDMA 3G on Reliance mobile India
- How to migrate 3G in Reliance, Confusion CDMA 3G or GSM 3G?
- India's biggest ISP using Google dns servers
- How to migrate from wireline broadband to 3G broadband
- List of best 3G network providers in India
- How to configure data card for TATA DOCOMO 3G
- Big No to BSNL 3G not due to slow speed more than that
- How to enable 3G on TATA DOCOMO sim
- 3g data card or mobile which is best for 3G broadband
- How to configure USB data modem to connect Reliance,BSNL 3G
- Reliance 3G APN network settings
- Reliance 3G services started Reliance 3G plan details
- Best unlocked 3G data card for BSNL,Airtel,Docomo 3G networks India
- How to make voice calls with BSNL 3G data card
- Falling story of Reliance Netconnect broadband+ network congestion
- Sync any mobile phone address book with Gmail address book
- Never forget or lose your mobile even no one can steal your mobile now
- Mobile internet banking works without GPRS or data service
- Extended use of 3G services damage mobile phone handset ?
- Inbuilt 3g enabled broadband laptops on the way
- CDMA 3G vs GSM 3G the never ending war
- Easy way to convert 3G broadband DATA CARD as WIFI hotspot
- Why 3G services for GSM subscribers not for Reliance CDMA subscribers
- Best cheap CDMA mobile phone for Tata Indicom,Reliance,MTS India
- Preview blog or website online iphone simulator
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License