We can install and run KVM based virtual machines inside Vmware guests.Now using this nested VM method you can practice KVM using your laptop.No need to have dual boot or multiple systems. We going to use this method while building RHCSA lab for our RHCSA self study tutorial series.
I am using Vmware workstation 8 for this purpose. I am not sure about other Vmware products work with this trick.
1.While creating VM, select LSI logic SAS as storage controller.
2.Customize hardware – processor – select virtualize Intel VT-x/AMD-V.
3.Edit .VMX file and append following line.
apic.xapic.enabled = FALSE
Now start/reboot your VM. Now you can install KVM based vms in your VMWARE guest.
Author: Rawi G
Other Posts related to current topic
- OPEN RHCSA where to start RHCSA preparation and required books and hardware
- Step by step guide for building RHCSA lab for OPEN RHCSA tutorial - Lesson 4
- Solution to run KVM inside Vmware guest nested vm (This post)
- RHCSA study guide completely open for all.Lesson no 3
- Open RHCSA Complete free RHCSA certification guide for all
- Lets discuss RHCSA objectives,exam fee,books,syllabus in today's RHCSA tutorial
- Step by step RHCSA certification preparation training for free
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License