Long time without blog entry as moved new place and new job.
All went smooth up to last week. I got requirement which forced me to refer some old documents prepared by me. 2 years back. I never expected that one day I will be in need of those.
I always encrypt documents and store in my USB drive and second backup to DVDs, year wise. When I tried to retrieve that encrypt archive of 2 years old data, I got 440v shock as unable to find usb drive and dvds related to that archive.While shifting to new place, missed somewhere!!!.No offsite backup.
2 years back not many online backup services available as today. You can have free accounts in more than 32 online cloud backup providers ranging from 2GB – 50 GB for free. 2 years back I did;t show any interest also.
Now turning point in story, I fed up while searching for thos old documents and checking Google news for relaxation. I saw outlook.com news from Microsoft . I have very old account of hotmail and signed in to that mail box to convert as outlook.com from hotmail.com.I saw bunch of old unread mail and one latest mail from Adrive describing some updates they introduced related to their Cloud backup.
Suddenly I remembered that I should have Adrive account which I signed up 2 years back by seeing their 50GB free offer. Off course later I forgot about that. I tried to login Adrive and as usual password not working. Tried forgot password link and got instant access.
I am in to Adrive. Surprise !!!! saw my documents archive which I am need badly now. Most amazing thing, Adrive kept my old even after 2 years I am able to access it. I never used A drive past 2years. They didn’t zero my account.
Thanks to Adrive. This incident made me to big fan of online backup. Now I am doing research on different providers. Past 2 years , many changes occurred related to cloud computing. its time for me to update knowledge about online backup services.I will update this series with my experience with different cloud backup providers.
If you already using online backup service, drop you suggestion of best online cloud backup service providers.
Author: Rawi G
Other Posts related to current topic
- Now auto backup Amazon S3 data to Glacier made easy
- TOTP desktop software to enable multi factor authentication for Amazon cloud services
- How to run original Evernote desktop client in Centos and Redhat Linux
- How to learn Cloud Computing and how to become Cloud ready professional
- How to plan Amazon Glacier online archive upload to save money
- How to search Amazon Glacier files in vaults,archives with Google forms
- Best freeware Amazon Glacier client front end tool for data managment
- Amazon Glacier data retrieval cost calculation confusion cleared with example
- Amazon Glacier wrong billing of retrieval data.For 1GB charged 167 GB amount
- My hands-on experience with Amazon Glacier storage and its billing review
- How to build personal Cloud under $100 at your home basement
- Online backup vs online archive service check before sign up for cloud backup
- How Adrive inspired me to think about online back or cloud backup (This post)
- Portable free easy to use personal finance application for windows huh how hard
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License