Cloud,Cloud.. Cloud. This is the new fever spread in IT industry. With your always on internet connection any one can build their personal cloud without paying anyone that too without any computer hardware. Sound stupid right ?
No, you can start your own personal cloud at your home with around $100 cost. You can access your files from anywhere and any internet connected device. How it is possible?
Smart devices like Tonido,pogoplug made this possible. fulfill your personal Cloud dream. You need to connect any of these low powered,tiny devices to your internet Router. Attach your USB drive to device. Thats’it, now you can access your data from any net connected device ( Phones,tablets..etc) remotely.
Are they safe? Yes ! lot better than public clouds where your data is not yours!!!!. At your personal cloud all is yours.Hardware is yours and data also.No need to depend on third-party. Non need to run your PC 24×7 at your home basement. No need to configure complicated services like NFS/Samba,Ftp
Just plug and go Cloud. I am not saying it is for professional use. But for home users it is more than enough. Just try and see.
Author: Rawi G
Other Posts related to current topic
- Now auto backup Amazon S3 data to Glacier made easy
- TOTP desktop software to enable multi factor authentication for Amazon cloud services
- How to run original Evernote desktop client in Centos and Redhat Linux
- How to learn Cloud Computing and how to become Cloud ready professional
- How to plan Amazon Glacier online archive upload to save money
- How to search Amazon Glacier files in vaults,archives with Google forms
- Best freeware Amazon Glacier client front end tool for data managment
- Amazon Glacier data retrieval cost calculation confusion cleared with example
- Amazon Glacier wrong billing of retrieval data.For 1GB charged 167 GB amount
- My hands-on experience with Amazon Glacier storage and its billing review
- How to build personal Cloud under $100 at your home basement (This post)
- Online backup vs online archive service check before sign up for cloud backup
- How Adrive inspired me to think about online back or cloud backup
- Portable free easy to use personal finance application for windows huh how hard
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License