As I posted my experience with Amazon Glacier storage in my previous post. Here is second part of horror. There is much confusion around retrieval cost of data from Glacier, to clarify that I did test download of 1 GB file and checked billing.
As expected, it is big shock. Billing statement it charged for 167 GB instead of 1 GB.
As I have only 24 GB in Vault, how come it showed 167 GB? Just I downloaded single file of 1GB. But it charged as 167GB download.
Posted to Amazon support forums
Lets see what they say.
Author: Rawi G
Other Posts related to current topic
- Now auto backup Amazon S3 data to Glacier made easy
- TOTP desktop software to enable multi factor authentication for Amazon cloud services
- How to run original Evernote desktop client in Centos and Redhat Linux
- How to learn Cloud Computing and how to become Cloud ready professional
- How to plan Amazon Glacier online archive upload to save money
- How to search Amazon Glacier files in vaults,archives with Google forms
- Best freeware Amazon Glacier client front end tool for data managment
- Amazon Glacier data retrieval cost calculation confusion cleared with example
- Amazon Glacier wrong billing of retrieval data.For 1GB charged 167 GB amount (This post)
- My hands-on experience with Amazon Glacier storage and its billing review
- How to build personal Cloud under $100 at your home basement
- Online backup vs online archive service check before sign up for cloud backup
- How Adrive inspired me to think about online back or cloud backup
- Portable free easy to use personal finance application for windows huh how hard
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License