Amazon Glacier cloud storage series, today lets see how to plan archives before uploading to Amazon Glacier online cloud archive service.Planing is required to save money at time of retrieval. Amazon Glacier data retrieval will burn your wallet if you didn’t plan properly.
- The more data you upload, you will get more free download limit.
- Never delete files once uploaded, with in 3 months, it charges much money.
- Split your archives into 1 GB each.
- Per day retrieve max 1 GB only.
- Use trusted Amazon Glacier client software, every request costs your wallet. If program is buggy, then it will cost you like anything.
- Maintain your own database of file name and archive id.
Follow above 6 steps to save money while retrieving data from Amazon Glacier- cheapest online storage.
Author: Rawi G
Other Posts related to current topic
- Now auto backup Amazon S3 data to Glacier made easy
- TOTP desktop software to enable multi factor authentication for Amazon cloud services
- How to run original Evernote desktop client in Centos and Redhat Linux
- How to learn Cloud Computing and how to become Cloud ready professional
- How to plan Amazon Glacier online archive upload to save money (This post)
- How to search Amazon Glacier files in vaults,archives with Google forms
- Best freeware Amazon Glacier client front end tool for data managment
- Amazon Glacier data retrieval cost calculation confusion cleared with example
- Amazon Glacier wrong billing of retrieval data.For 1GB charged 167 GB amount
- My hands-on experience with Amazon Glacier storage and its billing review
- How to build personal Cloud under $100 at your home basement
- Online backup vs online archive service check before sign up for cloud backup
- How Adrive inspired me to think about online back or cloud backup
- Portable free easy to use personal finance application for windows huh how hard
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License